Saturday, September 29, 2012

Meal Planning

One of the best ways that I have found to reduce my monthly grocery spending is by planning out my meals for the month. Here is an example of my October Meal Plan.
You may notice a trend in the meals.  At our house we have "Taco Tuesday" and "Waffle Wednesday".  Having those two designations has made planning out the months meals so much easier.  After I fill out T & W, I fill in the rest based on what we already have in the house, and try to scatter out types of meat that are included in each meal, so we don't eat chicken three days in a row.  We eat very small portions of meat with each meal, but still...

Also, planning out an entire month usually stretches into the next month as things come up or we have leftovers.

Hope some of these suggestions help in your future meal planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment